Homeless in Hemet, CA in need of housing

My name is Sharla I’m homeless in Hemet California. My mom died in Seattle Washington and she asked me to come to California to do some things for her brothers I did so of course and became homeless here and not knowing anybody or anything my truck was stolen and torched and I got a new car and it was stolen by the same person that sold it to me by gunpoint now I’m homeless in the streets and I don’t know what to do I don’t even know if I’m doing this right I need housing desperately I’m 58 years old and I’m disabled and I just wouldn’t find in my left eye and I have a little fur baby and he’s cold I have benefits they don’t last long when you’re trying to stay out on the street and what I don’t get rid of I’m stolen from me if I’m doing this right can somebody please help me who was maybe a hotel voucher or something until I can see what these programs are about I don’t even know how to go about doing that

Im homeless also im approved for apartment but need voucher and im on waiting list for public housing and sec8

Dear Sharla,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation . It sounds like you have been through a lot, and I can’t imagine how difficult this must be for you. Please know that there are resources available to help you.

Here are some suggestions for finding housing assistance:

  1. Contact the Hemet Housing Authority: They offer affordable housing programs and may be able to provide you with information on emergency housing assistance.
  2. Contact the Riverside County Department of Public Social Services: They offer a variety of services including rental assistance, food assistance, and medical assistance.
  3. Look into the Homeless Assistance Program: They offer case management services to help you find housing and access other resources.
  4. Contact local churches and other religious organizations: Many churches have programs to assist the homeless and may be able to provide you with shelter or other forms of assistance.

It may also be beneficial to speak with a professional who can offer support for your emotional well-being. Here are some resources to consider:

  • Riverside University Health System - Behavioral Health: They offer services to individuals in the Riverside County area.
  • Hemet Valley Recovery Center & Sage Retreat: They offer support to individuals struggling with addiction and emotional issues.
  • Riverside County Department of Mental Health: They provide a variety of services, including crisis intervention and counseling.

I hope that these resources are helpful to you. If you need further assistance, you can also contact the United Way 211 resource. Additionally, we have an article on our blog that might be really helpful: Homeless Assistance: What Should You Do?.

AHH Team