Recently Disabled Looking for Rent to Own 2Bed 2 Bath Home

I became disabled because I had a stroke while in surgery in June 2021 to repair a damaged nerve in my mouth from a wisdom tooth extraction. I just started getting disability and my son works so we are looking for a 2bedrm Home ideally a rent to own so we can hopefully buy it in the future.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It’s great that you’re looking for resources and assistance. As a first step, I recommend you contact your local housing authority or social services agency. They can provide you with information about available resources and assistance programs in your area. You may be able to ask them about a Rent To Own opportunities. Keep in mind that Rent To Own can be tricky. You will need to have special contracts and agreements in place. You will need to make sure the contracts are upheld. It’s not impossible but you will need to understand these things and negotiate with the current owen. You may want to consider applying for a Housing Voucher instead or a low-income mortgage.

As you mentioned, you may be eligible for special needs housing as a person with a disability. The Section 811 housing program is an example of subsidized housing specifically for people with disabilities. This program provides rental assistance and supportive services to help individuals live independently in their own homes or apartments. You and your son may still qualify for low income vouchers for special needs individuals.

To apply for Section 811 housing, you can contact your local public housing agency. They will be able to provide you with information about the application process and eligibility requirements. Here is article about how to locate the proper housing authorities in your area. Click here, select your city or zip and look for special needs housing or Housing Choice Vouchers in your area. Apply online of call the Housing Authority.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck to you in finding a suitable home.

Sincerely,
Chase C.
Affordable Housing Heroes

2 Likes

Thank you,
Sharon Joiner

emphasized textI been homeless for years living with family and friends I need a house for me son

Continuing the discussion from Recently Disabled Looking for Rent to Own 2Bed 2 Bath Home:

strong text

Can you help me get into a 2 bedroom/2 bath home to rent to own or buy?
Please feel free to contact me at 602 907 9378
Thank you for your time
Sharon Joiner