It's asking me to update and check my information because but its not letting me check so where to I go to do that I'm really at risk of being homeless and I've been deny twice for section 8 9/2022,10/18/2023 and not understanding why

It’s asking me to check status for application but not seeing where to go in order for me to check it so where do I go next I’m at risk of being homeless and I’ve been denied twice for section 8 9/2022, 10/18/2023 and not understanding why

I know someone that processes applications I can have her find out if you’d like my email is xxxxx. i just went thru something similar it’s actually how her and I became friends she’s an angel!!

Please please have her to email so she can point me in the right direction I will be very appreciative JGreenwood7 thanks you in advance

JGreenwood7 What help did you r receive because I’m in desperate need my email address xxxxxx and everything on the application is still the same address, phone number so please have them to email me a response as of now im in my home town of Valdosta GA caring for my eldest sister who’s struggling with lupus

Mark fox verfiy voucher waiting list. Placement. xxxxxxxx

Hi Cynthia,
I’m so sorry to hear you’re facing potential homelessness and Section 8 application challenges. WE¨re here to help you navigate the process and find some solutions.

Checking Your Application Status:

Unfortunately, there’s no single universal way to check Section 8 application status. Each Public Housing Agency (PHA) has its own preferred method. Here are some options you can try:

1. Contact your PHA directly: This is the most reliable way. Call or visit your local PHA office and ask how to check your application status. They’ll likely need your application number or other identifying information.
  2. Search the PHA website: Many PHAs have online portals where you can track your application status. Check their website for a dedicated “Applicant Portal” or similar section.
  3. Check your email: Some PHAs send email updates about application status. Check your spam folder in case it landed there.

Understanding Denials:

Getting denied twice is understandably frustrating. While I can’t tell you the exact reasons without reviewing your specific applications, here are some common reasons for Section 8 denial:

• Income exceeding program limits: Make sure your income falls within the eligibility thresholds for your household size in your area.
  • Incomplete application or missing documents: Ensure you’ve submitted all required paperwork and double-check for any missing information.
  • Criminal history: Certain convictions may disqualify you. Check your PHA’s policies on this.
  • Eviction history: Recent evictions due to tenant negligence can be a red flag.
  • Waiting list size: In high-demand areas, the sheer number of applicants can lead to long wait times.

Next Steps:

1. Request an Informal Review: If you believe your application was denied due to an error or incomplete information, you can request an informal review with your PHA. This allows you to discuss your case and potentially resolve the issue.
  2. Seek Legal Advice: Consider consulting a lawyer specializing in housing law, especially if you suspect discrimination or unfair practices during the application process.
  3. Explore Alternative Options: While Section 8 is a valuable resource, it’s not the only option. Explore other affordable housing programs in your area, such as transitional housing or HUD-subsidied units.
  4. Connect with Support Services: Reach out to local housing advocacy groups or legal aid organizations for guidance and support throughout your housing search.

Remember, you’re not alone in this. Utilize the resources available to you, and don’t hesitate to ask for help from the AHH community and other support networks. We’re here for you, Cynthia.
Best regards,
AHH Family

I’ve checked it already and it said inactive which means I was denied

Thank you for being concerned about my situation you all are the first people to reach back out to me with sincerity

1 Like

Will you inbox me her information since she process applications because I really and truly need help ASAP.

Hello JGreenwood7 this 271961 asking again about the person who helped you with programs for homelessness, Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I need help in getting housing asap i need my leter an vouchers needed for my housing