Housing and doing the application and fees

Help me with getting in to a place

2 Likes

I been trying to do my housing in not gett no reply me in my son is staying in room

1 Like

Hello, Nancy!

We’d be happy to help you. Where do you need help? Where are you staying now? Are you homeless?

Please respond with more detail on where you are and what you need. Leave out personal contact info. We will research the area for housing resources for you (for free). Meanwhile, you may benefit more by reading this article about rapid rehousing.

Best,

AHH Family

1 Like

I have applied but never can locate my application please direct me to a number for HUD I’ve called the number listed on Website I applied four years ago my name is Judy C. I am disabled on a Walker please contact me thank you

Hi Judy!
Below is what we came up with after doing our research. We really hope this helps but let us know if you get stuck.

Please make sure you follow these steps after being placed on a waiting list. [Read this article for more detail.](How Can I Check My Section 8 Status? - Affordable Housing Heroes

After applying and being placed on a waiting list it is important to do the following.

1. Verify your contact info with your PHA (housing authority that placed you on a waiting list)
    You should receive a email, letter or message of some kind that confirms you are on the waiting list.
  2. Notify your PHA office if your address, number or email changes. If the PHA can’t reach you. You will be removed from the housing choice voucher waiting list. Many PHA offices will send out letters to confirm your contact info is still current and that you are still in need of a voucher. Typically this is done after an applicant has been on the waiting list for some time (months).
  3. On your application did you list that you are disabled, low income and facing homelessness? These should be circumstances that will require your PHA office to move your application to the front of the waiting list. If you did not list these personal factors on your application then you will need to inform your PHA of them in order to qualify for immediate approval of your voucher.
  4. Did you explore other Housing assistance programs in your area?

click here here is a map of Hud housing programs, properties in your are that are specifically for Disabled and elderly. You should contact all Multifamily Housing
(Low Income, Elderly, and Special Needs Housing) offices in your area. You may be able to apply for more than one housing program. This will increase your chances of getting assistance.

Click here for a map of all HUD housing programs and offices near you.
Best,
AHH Family

Hi my name is roniesha and I’m currently homeless and is in need of housing voucher