Approval for a voucher

I have been on a wait list in OR since 2016. I have Autism Spectrum Disorder. I am almost 60. This year my number came up. I went to Homes for Good. I scheduled an intake appointment with Rebecca who was pregnant. We filled out the paperwork together. I needed to submit a copy of my SS#. I ordered it online from ssa.gov. I sent it in via email. I received a notice in my mail that my intake was incomplete. I have gotten this run around before. I resubmitted the copy of my SSN. And I have heard nothing. I cannot afford my rent in July 2023.
Is there any oversight for HUD?

Need help trying to get approval for voucher

https://family.affordablehousingheroes.com/t/section-8-[quote=“jeanmckenzie, post:1, topic:3174, full:true”]
I have been on a wait list in OR since 2016. I have Autism Spectrum Disorder. I am almost 60. This year my number came up. I went to Homes for Good. I scheduled an intake appointment with Rebecca who was pregnant. We filled out the paperwork together. I needed to submit a copy of my SS#. I ordered it online from ssa.gov. I sent it in via email. I received a notice in my mail that my intake was incomplete. I have gotten this run around before. I resubmitted the copy of my SSN. And I have heard nothing. I cannot afford my rent in July 2023.
Is there any oversight for HUD?
[/quote]

Preformatted textemergency-housing/197?u=miikaann23

Hi Jean,
Thank you for contacting us. We understand that you have been waiting for Section 8 in Oregon since 2016 and have had issues with your intake process. Though there is federal oversight to ensure public housing authorities are following regulations, each state and housing authority has specific procedures for their waitlists. Here is a link to HUD’s website for local housing authorities in Oregon: HUD. Don’t give up! Keep trying and seeking help. We hope the resources we provided can assist you.
Best of luck!
AHH Family