Being homeless and needing help!

I have no idea what to do or how to get started ! I think I applied online but I still don’t know what to do or how to get started! Can I someone help me please!! My name is Katie, I’m 42 yrs. old and my husband passed away a year ago, I haven’t been able to work since I couldn’t afford to pay rent because my husband worked and I stayed home and took care of our kids and I still stayed home because I have PTSD SO IT’S hard for me to be around a lot of people ! I’ve been homeless for over a year and I am in desperate need of a place to live a place to call my own !! I’d appreciate any help I can get!!

What state do you live in ? I’m assuming that you’ve tried your social services department or welfare department what you need to do is you need to go look online for your cities housing authority like Fresno housing authority or whatever City you live in ask them how you can apply for emergency housing there are different programs there’s section 8 there’s immediate housing programs as well they should be able to direct you