Housing or section 8

I have a disabled daughter and I have went multiple times to the office in Tampa FL and the section 8 is close or there is nothing available

My child has a diagnosis of autism could I get in some kind of housing faster I’m in Indiana

We understand that you are seeking housing assistance for a disabled child and parent in Tampa, Florida. There are several programs available to support individuals with disabilities in the state of Florida. We recommend that you start by contacting the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) via their resource locator tool here. Put your zip code in the search bar. Select Special Needs Housing resources. This should pull up a map of affordable housing for special needs agencies that you can contact.

You may also want to contact local disability advocacy organizations or speak with a social worker for more information on available resources. We encourage you to notify the authorities if your situation is urgent. If you are facing eviction, homelessness, or living with family or friends, you may be eligible to apply for emergency section 8 vouchers.

Here are some official websites and organizations that you can contact for housing support in Tampa, Florida:

These organizations can provide you with more information on available housing resources and assistance programs for individuals with disabilities in Tampa, Florida.

Here are some programs available in Florida that provide support and resources for individuals with disabilities:

• Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): This program provides financial assistance to individuals with disabilities who are unable to work.
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI): This program provides financial assistance to low-income individuals with disabilities, including children.
  • Medicaid/CHIP: This program provides healthcare coverage to low-income individuals with disabilities, including medical and behavioral health services.
  • Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR): This program provides vocational rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities to help them prepare for, find, and maintain employment.
  • Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology (FAAST): This program provides assistive technology devices and services to individuals with disabilities to improve their independence and quality of life.

1bedroom 1bath place to call home