Down syndrome brother and myself

I am the care taker of my older downsydrome brother. Current landlord gave us 3 months’ notice to move. I do not have verifiable income as my brother collects funding from government and my credit score is not good ( we have been here for 10+ years). We need help finding a 2 bedroom. Life has really been a challenge.

Hi Gabriel!
Thank you for reaching out to our community for help. I’m sorry to hear about the situation with your current landlord. Finding affordable housing for people with special needs can be a challenge, but there are resources available to help. You might want to check out the National Council on Independent Living’s guide on housing for people with disabilities. They have helpful information on finding accessible and affordable housing, as well as resources for financial assistance. You can also check out here, HUD Resources For People With Disabilities in Florida. Additionally, you can reach out here for additional resources and support. in your area.

It may be useful to find out why you need to move and if there are any resources that can help you with the relocation process.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We are here to help.

Ahh Family