I am a 52 yr old man I’ve been disabled for two yrs living With different people and I need to get in a low housing Appartment

I’m new to this so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I need housing assistance in finding low income apartments in Austin, Indiana.

Hi Tim,

First off, it would be great if you could tell me a bit more about yourself. Are you over 55 years old, disabled or have any other special needs? This information can help us find housing options that may be a better fit for you.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority’s website at IHCDA for information on affordable housing programs and services. You can also reach out to local non-profit organizations that specialize in housing assistance.

Hope this helps!

Best,
AHH Staff

Hi no I am 52 and I have had 3 heartaches and I had my right leg ran over and broke in 5 pieces and ten years before that I had my right foot crushed and broke my left leg so I have trouble with getting around so I would need a ground floor place I receive benefits monthly and I live in a room of a house that has 3 steps to get in and out of the room and a lot of time I have to use my wheelchair and I fill like I’m just stuck so what do I need to do form here