In brief: I am 60 years old (Am I considered a Senior/Elderly?) and new to all these programs and it’s a bit confusing for me. I have recently applied for a Section 8 Voucher with the Housing Authority County of San Bernardino, CA.
My questions are:
1) How can I apply and be eligible for Section 801 (Disability)
2) How to apply and be eligible for Rapid Housing (Homeowner may be selling the home this summer)
3) How to apply and be eligible for financial RENT Assistance - Deposits, Application Fees etc.
Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Im concidered disabled and i live in east texas …i was wondering about the emergency housing…im going to be homeless come april 15…my landlord is selling the trailer im living in…and i really do need help…i was wondering about the vouchers because i have two lg. Dogs that are my help mentaly and emotionaly…and one protects me even though hes still a pup.please can some one help.
Hi J BERNARD!
Thank you for reaching out to our forum. I would be happy to help you with your questions. Here are some resources that might come in handy:
- You can check out this link to learn more about eligibility requirements and the application process for Section 801 (Disability).
- The National Alliance to End Homelessness website provides information on Rapid Rehousing, including how to apply and eligibility requirements. Alternatively, you can check out this link.
- To learn about programs that can help you financially with rent in your area, go to the Benefits.gov website. They will give you information about programs that can assist you with rent deposits, application fees, and other similar expenses.
If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to us here on the forum. We are here to help you through the process and help you find the resources you need to secure stable housing. Best of luck!
I hope this information is helpful! Good luck with your applications
How can I get some help with any public assistance program housing in Dallas County
morning.i peruse and see we are all in the same boat.im 55 disabled to to mental illness.live alone.pay my bills on time.i need someone to help me.i believe im signed on with several available homes.the overall articles from this site has been the most helpful.im basically running to escape couple of breakins.now with family and stuck.please help me god