Disabled and looking for a place

Hello I’m a 55 yr old disabled female and I’m in need of help. I’m trying to get out of my abusive marriage but I have nowhere to go. I receive SSI so I don’t make hardly any money. I need help I don’t really know where to start I’m in Knoxville Tn and id like a senior an disabled apartment complex. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to reach out TY

1 Like

thank you your comment. We are will do everything we can to help you.

If you report the crime the police can help you find shelter faster. The police can confirm that your situation is an emergency which will help you get housing or in a shelter faster than applying on your own. Please for your own safety contact HUD, the Police and the other links we leave in this reply. Also note and discuss with the authorities about your marriage. If you are married applying for HUD housing will be tricky if you plan on applying alone. You will likely need to show that you are in an abusive marriage and that your well being is at risk. As mentioned above this will help you get and emergency application status and move your application to the front of the waiting list. However if you just tell the PHA office that you need housing they wont know how serious your situation is and may require you to apply as a married couple if you aren’t divorced. (this is our opinion)

Clean safe housing is a right and you should be able find help with these resources. Please let us know if you get stuck or have success. Other readers will want to hear of your progress and may be able to assist.

Our staff spent sometime on your questions doing research in your area. This is what we found for Knoxville TN to help you find the low income assisted living that you need.

Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation - Section 8 Housing (HCV)
Apply for a affordable housing choice voucher by calling (Section 8) 865 403 1234

  1. Go to the site by clicking the link above
  2. Click on Housing (drop down menu)
  3. Click on elderly and disabled.
  4. You will see several senior apartment building you can can apply to with low income! Here are a few.

You can also use HUD online to locate all affordable housing in your area. Follow the instruction in this article.
If you need more help on using HUD’s tool online, Click HERE](HUD Resource Locator), this article and follow the instructions. HUD Resource Locator

Knoxville Offers a Public Housing Program called RAD that may benefit you.
To apply for the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program in Knoxville, TN, you will need to contact the Knoxville Community Development Corporation (KCDC), which is the local Public Housing Agency (PHA) that administers the program.

You can contact KCDC at (865) 403-1100 or visit their website at https://www.kcdc.org/ to learn more about the eligibility requirements and the application process for RAD. They may require you to submit an application and provide documentation to verify your income and other eligibility criteria.

Please note that not all public housing units are eligible for RAD, and there may be a waiting list for available units. Therefore, it’s crucial to apply as soon as possible and follow up with KCDC to learn about any updates on your application status.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Yes I’m a 45 yr old women . I love in Virginia. I need help with the section 8 low-income housing voucher for the city of Roanoke.Can someone pointe in the right direction .