Applying for housing voucher for 55 year old woman

Hi…
I am a 56 year old woman, i a have been homeless since oct., and i need help…
I have gone down every Avenue and researched all my possibilities and i can’t and or haven’t received any help…
I get surveys and ads, oh and guides to download…
I’ve done it all and still can’t get any help, i need a referral (which i can’t get) to get to the application…
Etc…
Etc…
Please can you help me with this…
Again…
I’m a 56 year old woman…
Homeless…
Scared to death out here on the streets…
Type 2 diabetic, and always in a lot of pain,
Please…
Please…
I am by myself…
It’s just me…
Nobody else and no pets…
I need help…
I’ve called, I’ve emailed, I’ve gone to the actual offices…
N i get nowhere…
I can’t do this anymore…
I have tried and tried and I’m so scared and stressed…
All i do now is cry and f fear for my safety…
Please can you help with the voucher or referral or finding me an apt.,
Please…
Thank you advance fur the time and help…:pray:
Sincerely,
Christy Reinhold

Hi my Rudine Burgess and I have 2girls one is 12 years old and the other one is 14 years old and a son who is 16 years old and I’m 66 years old I lost my house and because I was trying to find a place where everybody wanted credit score and my credit score isn’t that good because I’m not working I’m disabled and so I had to move in with my sister and her husband but me and the girls are sleeping in my room in the bed together the 16 year old have a room when you’re living with someone things not the same I can’t cook there I can’t watch my clothes there I can’t do anything there but just watch TV I need a place so bad and I need to get my voucher back me and my kids are catching pure hell I cry each and every night and pray that somehow I can get out of this house I have lost everything trying to keep my storage bill paid please someone help me and my kids I am about to lose my mind .

How do I apply for housing vouchers?

Try calling 2-1-1 in your area if you haven’t already.
Next step is speaking again with someone at a shelter that can help then get into temporary housing.
Your situation is extreme. Your local housing authority should be able to access emergency funds aimed to help the homeless.
We are so sorry to hear of your stress. We will be praying for your well being.

Here are some simple steps.

Contact PHA and COC in your area. It sounds like you have done this but you need to be persistent and find the strength to keep trying. You can find help.

Help applying for a Housing Choice Voucher here is what you will do.

our household income must be below a specified level, which varies by location, to qualify for housing vouchers.
You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible immigrant.
By visiting the U.S.
HUD webpage.

Apply for housing vouchers at your local PHA.
The HUD website lists local PHA contact information.

After finding your PHA, fill out a housing voucher application.
The application will request income, family size, and housing demands.

To authenticate your application, provide supporting papers.
Income statements, tax returns, and residence evidence are examples.

After submitting your application and supporting documentation, you must wait for approval.
This takes weeks or months.

If your application is granted, you will receive a voucher to help pay rent in privately owned property that satisfies quality criteria.
Find a landlord who accepts vouchers.

There may be a waiting list for housing vouchers in your area.

It depends one where u live ,and if the places have the funds to help anyone. It’s not fun being scared and we all in one way or another r all in the same boat and more and more r losing a place to live or running from there abuser if ur in a batted woman’s shelter the r required to help u find adiquet houseing u may also have to get a ppo so u r safer?? Look for ohfa on ur area or con take hud,oe check with the shelters in that city and or like I in OKC ok they have a big shelter that house men in one area woman in a nother and mons with children in a nother the hel It’s stricked but it helps

I hope it helps someone