Getting out of an SRO

Hello. I am a 53 yr old single woman on disability. I have lived in an SRO ( single room occupancy) for 8 years. I am having trouble getting my case worker to do anything to help get me out of here and into an apartment. Ive asked her several times for a housing choice voucher application and she cant seem to find the time for me. After 8 years i should be on the waiting list by now. Now san francisco isnt excepting any more applications. I missed the open window again. I am also interested in learning how to get a low income housing appartment. Can you help me? At least get me some applications to get the ball rolling.


Hi. I am verma a disable 59 yr.old woman with scoliosis ive had 10 back surgeries in need of a. Apartment. Iam
With family members now but on june 15th they are moving out of state and i need an apartment soon .Thank you.

Hi Cameron!
Thank you for coming to our forum for help. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your case worker. Have you or your case worker ever looked into Section 8 vouchers or low-income housing in your area? You may first check here for information on Section 8 and here for affordable housing near you.

Here are some resources that may be useful in your area:

  1. San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development - provides a list of affordable housing programs in San Francisco. You can access the website through this link:
  2. San Francisco Housing Development Corporation - offers housing programs for low and moderate-income households. You can read more about their programs and services on their website:
  3. Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation - provides affordable housing options in San Francisco. You can visit their website and learn more about their programs at

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else we can do to assist you.


AHH Family

Same but the other part im looking for a low income house instead of apartment