Help for housing

I don’t know Where to go for hud housing I’m homeless and trying to get my son back from the state

Hun you’ll have to go to your local housing authority. From there they were probably tell you to go on their website to fill out an application. It’s called the mainstream application if they decide not to tell you mention it to them. Once you fill out that application you’ll wait for a short amount of time and they’ll send you a packet that you have to fill out and send all information to them then shortly after that you’ll find out whether you’re approved or not. At least that’s how it happened for me but I’m on disability and I filled the paperwork out as soon as I got it and didn’t play any games so I now have a voucher But I have no idea how to go about finding a place!