Loosing sec 8 couldnt find dwelling

How come you loose you’r sec 8 cause no one will rent to u over the other applicants? I left an abusive D.V 6mo. old marriage had to port -out of state with all i could carry on my back w/my voucher and now have nothing .no home no sec8 . WTH?

We know it can be difficult to find a landlord to accept your voucher even after you are approved. We wish PHA offices did a better job at explaining and helping people that qualify for a voucher that they will still need to have a lease application where credit, background checks employment can be taken into consideration. We know this doesn’t make a lot of sense when you are in a crisis and fleeing abuse and seeking help. These are circumstances that would nearly possible to maintain a good leasing application.

If you still have your voucher and haven’t lost it yet here’s what we advise.

Contact your PHA and ask if you can be approved for shared housing. They may allow you to share your voucher with others. Your roommate will need to be approved by the PHA. But technically you can heave roommates with vouchers, this might be a way for you to chose a roommate who could be approved for a lease.

but in an effort to combat homelessness there is funding for emergency housing like rapid rehousng, RAD, [CoC Map Here](We know it can be difficult to find a landlord to accept your voucher even after you are approved. We wish PHA offices did a better job at explaining and helping people that qualify for a voucher that they will still need to have a lease application where credit, background checks employment can be taken into consideration. We know this doesn’t make a lot of sense when you are in a crisis and fleeing abuse and seeking help. These are circumstances that would nearly possible to maintain a good leasing application. If you still have your voucher and haven’t lost it yet here’s what we advise. Contact your PHA and ask if you can be approved for shared housing. They may allow you to share your voucher with others. Your roommate will need to be approved by the PHA. But technically you can heave roommates with vouchers, this might be a way for you to chose a roommate who could be approved for a lease. but in an effort to combat homelessness there is funding for emergency housing like rapid rehousng, RAD, CoC, Emergency Housing Vouchers Contact your PHA and ask ), Emergency Housing Vouchers Contact your PHA and ask