Low income housing

My sister is 75 years old and needs low income housing for seniors. She needs independent living. She cannot drive due to her having tunnel vision. She is being shuffled around among family members and she desperately needs a place to live. Her total income is $1700 per month. Please help.

Hello Marsha,

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister’s situation. It must be really tough for her and also for you as her family member. I understand that finding affordable housing for seniors can be challenging, but there are definitely options available that could help your sister.

One program that is specifically designed for seniors is the Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly program. This program provides affordable housing for seniors who have low incomes and also need access to supportive services such as cleaning, transportation, and healthcare. Your sister may be eligible for this program, and you can find more information on the HUD website.

Another program that could be helpful is the Housing Choice Voucher Program (aka Section 8 tenant based program). This program provides rental assistance to low-income families, including seniors. Your sister may be able to qualify for this program, which would help her pay for an apartment in a complex that accepts vouchers.

There are also nonprofit organizations such as the National Church Residences and Volunteers of America that provide affordable housing for seniors. These organizations often have waiting lists, but it may be worth contacting them to see if they have any available units.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can do to assist you and your sister.

Take care,
AHH Team

2 Likes

seeking low Income if the 75 year young woman with $1700 monthly income is independent and still seeking a apartment or small house and is looking for a independent 71 year young female to share with and is easy to reside with, I have references and I am interested in sharing a nice place, please :pray: let me know!

1 Like