Subjected to rudness and yelling from worker at housing authority

Last time I tried to contact Santa Rosa Ca. Housing authority to ask a question it bypassed the answering system and connected me to a woman named Lynn who proceed to actually scream at me demanding to know how I had gotten thru to her she did not answer questions she only dealt with people who had vouchers already and had me in tears then she hung up. That is about the only time I have ever called and I sure am not wanting to call again this is the kind of stuff that makes you give up. God forbid that woman would step out of her job description and answer a quick question. This call was at nine in the morning, wonder what this person. Was like by end of day. No excuse to be subjected to such rudness. I am sure it won’t be the last time either. Nothing like being a senior citizen and get treated so rudely

Hello Laurel,

I’m sorry to hear that you were treated so poorly by the Santa Rosa CA Housing Authority worker. It sounds like you were subject to harassment and emotional distress, which is unacceptable.

You may have a legal claim against the Housing Authority for this mistreatment, but you would need to provide evidence and file a complaint with the appropriate agency or court. I suggest seeking advice from a legal aid organization or attorney who specializes in housing law to determine your options.

Did you happen to record the call? It may be helpful to have a record of the incident. In addition, I recommend filing a complaint with the Santa Rosa CA Housing Authority and escalating the issue to local or state government officials if necessary.

Keep a record of any further incidents of mistreatment and your attempts to address the issue.
Don’t give up! You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, especially as a senior citizen.

Best Regards,
AHH Family