Where do I find a section 8 application?

Where do I find the application for Hud or section 8. I have searched the web for a while now and can’t find it. About to be homeless. No income.

7 Likes

Good question. I just asked this myself.

One of the staff members at affordable housing heroes gave me great advice and I was able to find the applications for rental assistance I wanted and actually a lot more.

Follow the steps in the article!

Basically there is no section 8 or any low income programs that you can apply for directly at HUD. HUD funds programs are managed by Public Housing Agencies you need to find your nearest PHA and contact them for a Section 8 (housing choice voucher) and ask about all of the available low income housing programs.

Typically they will have website that will show you the programs they manage and you can apply online. Here is a link to a database of PHA offices. Put in your state and find the PHA nearest to you and apply either online or in person.

You can also contact the COC and homeless shelters in your area rather than be homeless you might be able to find rapid rehousing programs this way.

If you are low income and facing homelessness this typically requires housing agencies or local non profits to respond to your application quickly, so make sure you put this information in your application.

2 Likes

Can you put me on the waiting list?

1 Like

Hi! Elishaking59
:wave:Thanks for leaving a comment and welcome to the forum.

How can we help?

What city, state and what kind of help do you need? We will be happy to research local housing resources for you.

Hi my name is Evelyn. How can I apply for Section 8 online. I am 65 years old disabled. I really need Section 8. Can you help please. Thank you

5 Likes

I was just told they are no longer accepting section 8 applications.

3 Likes

Where can I find a PHA in my area So I can fill out a application for Section 8 I have No idea where to find it. I’m on disability on a low monthly income. Been homeless since 2015.

2 Likes

I need help find ing Section 8 in Monmouth County NJ Middletown Township NJ the help I need is a place to lived at whether it’s an apartment rooming house or boarding home. Help please. I’m on disability been on it since 11/2019.

1 Like

Hi John!
Thank you for reaching out to our forum. I see that you’re in search of assistance to find Section 8 housing in Monmouth County NJ, specifically Middletown Township.

To find the Public Housing Agency (PHA) in your area, simply visit this website: open-section-8-waiting-lists. This website offers detailed information regarding open Section 8 waiting lists in your area. With this information, you should be able to find the assistance you need.

Best of luck!

Ahh Family

1 Like

When do I get a confirmation number

i have to get a letter or voucher in the mail before i can do anything right ?

Hi Jesse,
Thank you for reaching out to our forum. The first and most straightforward way to check your Section 8 voucher application status is to contact your local housing authority. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on your application status. You can find the contact information for your local housing authority on the HUD website.

Many housing authorities now offer online portals where you can check your Section 8 voucher application status. If your local housing authority offers this option, you will need to create an account and log in to check your status. This is a convenient way to check your status without having to call or visit the housing authority in person.
Best of luck!
Ahh family

What if the housing authority here in El Dorado Arkansas is not accepting any more applications for section 8 vouchers

Hey Beverly,

Thanks for reaching out to our forum. I totally get your concern about the housing authority in El Dorado, Arkansas not accepting any more applications for section 8 vouchers.

If you’re looking for information about section 8 housing in El Dorado, I suggest checking out the following website: El Dorado Section 8 Housing. This website has a summary of affordable housing options in El Dorado, including section 8 housing.

I hope this info helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Best,
Ahh family

How do I get to certification form to finish it on line

I’m in Fredericksburg VA and I am disabled and on disability I need a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom house section 8 application needed please and thank you

Unfortunately section 8/ hud Oct 17th through the 20th you were able to put in an application for the state of Georgia well anywhere. You’d had the chance to put in your application for only 72 hours keep in mind they give people that opportunity like every ten to fifteen years. Sorry you may have to see can you get in with another program. Good luck :crossed_fingers::+1:t4:

Is there anyone that can help me get onto section 8? Or at least the application. I have looked everywhere and can’t seem to find it anywhere.

I went to our local Housing Authority and was told that they’re not taking any applications until the beginning of January and they then told me my best bet was to contact the Lee County Housing Authority and I called them and apparently they have a 10,000 people waiting list I don’t know what collier County housing authority waiting list looks like but I know that he told me that there is no priority list so it doesn’t matter that i have a disabled veteran that I take care of along with my 3 disabled children and I am a sole provider and I an struggling to keep our family together apparently that doesn’t matter but we can help every illegal immigrant that comes in our county but not single parents and disabled veterans who pay taxes and fought for our country but we can help all that come into our country!! Im sooo upset I have never asked for help and the time i do I get told that we don’t matter!!

I’ve applied for Section 8 voucher, But I don’t see my application anywhere, am I on the right listing.