About the Emergency Housing category

I’m Karen and i know what where you coming form i lost my husband this year and new it’s just me but i am very lost with out him and i will pray fro you and him for the help that you all need

I am living in a hotel and I am one step from being homeless! could someone please assist me…

Im a 52 yr old disabled woan in need of a home plz ind it in ypour heart to help me

Hi I am 45 been homeless for about 4 years now and I’m trying to get back on my feet but I need help so I’m hoping this program could help me I’m from Fresno California

Hi I’m from Fresno California and I’ve been homeless living in and out people house and it’s becoming a problem with friends so I would like to see if this program can help me please I’m trying to get back on my feet so I could start looking for a job so if you could please get back to me about how to get some help

How do I know where I am at on the list . And how can I get emergency housing

I’m currently homeless, I’m suffering from mild mental illness, severe depression, and can’t remember. I want emergency housing. This is my plea.

1 Like

I am currently in eviction period in Huntington, NY and the huntington housing authority says to go down to DSS suffolk county but they say there are no vouchers. I am currently still unemployed after 9 months and SSI nor SSDI has gotten back to me except a letter i received that OTDA is the party responsible for any vouchers or social servies.
Then i contact them and they say NO my local Dept of social services needs to apply me for Tanf or emergency rental assistance. THEN IM GIVEN THE RUNAROUND AGAIN WITH HUD AND OTHER HOUSING AUTHORITIES. I HAVE 1 MONTH TO EVICT BY TOWN DUE TO ILLEGAL APARTMENT CODE VIOLATIONS AND TOWN SUPERVISORS OFFICE SAYS THEY WILL SEND ME TO A HOMELESS Locate Housing Emergency Housing State Housing Questions Locate Housing Housing for People with Special Needs PHA Contact Info Status Check

Looking For emergency housing assistance we have been displaced and homeless since hurricane ian in southwest Florida Collier County and the rental rates have become unaffordable and barely anything available except weekly rentals and it’s killing our family

Hello myself and 86 yr old mother were evicted some 8 months ago for paying on time and never paying late. My son and my 17 mo old grandson happened to be staying with us also. None of us had another place to go myself and my mom are on fixed incomes. We are homeless because it seemed that rental property had trippled. After being told no funding for 8 months now, even though I keep seeing where HUD had just gave millions of dollars to some state, but still no funds. All I see is help for veterans. I’m glad America is finally taking care of the people who fight for our country but please don’t forget about the others who worked hard all our lives in order to make it possible too take care of our people in need. I have some advice that might be good for some people in this terrible homeless crisis it seems American is in right now. Once I realized I had to take action on my own or my grandson was going to be grown up and I would be living with the fact he did it sleeping in the living room of drug addicts. Not his parents, but his older brother and girlfriend. I’m always looking for a cheap place to live or just a miracle, while doing this I saw alot of campers and wooden sheds that have been converted into cute little compact houses which could be livable for a few years. Until and IF we ever get on the list and receive help with a rental or purchase of a home. I did some research and some places don’t want credit and finance the sheds themselves for $200 to $300 monthly. The metal ones go for approximately same amount. I don’t know why when we contact HUD, instead of turning us away and pushing us to pure depression and discouragment, why can’t they tell us if you don’t mind close quarters , for a couple of years we have a man who deals in sheds and can have you a tiny house available in a month. Some places are quite reasonable and HUD could foot the bill and when our HUD comes through another poor homeless soul can take over our tiny house. It seems they can at least get a roof over the heads of some of these people in these terrible situations. It would only be temporary unless you wanted to call it your forever home. It would help the moral of our country and get some of these children , elderly and disabled in a safer, warm home with a roof over their heads not to mention mine. It’s something I have been giving a lot of thought to. Even if HUD can’t supply one maybe it’s something us people on fixed incomes can afford with out starving. Might be tight quarters but would be your home.

Hi! I’m wondering at what point in this forum, there is any information about the regulations over the Housing Authorities who were funded for these EHV’s and don’t seem to have them available. Is it HUD? From the information listed in the article specific to the EHV Grantees it seems as if that money never arrived to it’s rightful place OR there is an immense amount of misappropriating these funds. While we are all in desperate need of housing assistance and a house, we also need to learn what our rights are when facing a H.A. that is working toward a different goal than getting people housed and reaping rewards due to a lack of oversight and an abundance of fancy bookwork for reporting fallacies. Who does the unhoused population have to turn to and rise up our voices to create awareness that things aren’t always as they seem. It is a system of dysfunction that collects all the funding yet pays for nothing! That’s what we need to hear about! Would you have any articles that inform us on how to go through the complaint/appeals process when it is blatantly obvious that there is fiscal mismanagement going on? Knowledge becomes power and homelessness breaks a humans soul. Without the best possible knowledge, helplessness and feeling little comes to stay. With the power of a little knowledge which will give way to a voice, or two or three, the system of dysfunction will have no other choice but to acquire a heavier hand over the way its Grantees allocate and disburse the enormous amount of money given to these agencies. There is power behind your pen, and we are here because you have a glimmer of hope to offer. Use it as your power to inform this devalued, beaten down, marginalized population who then can use it as we see fit. Thank you for being a voice for us.

It is in times of trial that one hand of hope raises an entire lot of hands and forces the hand of change.
~ Meredith Caine ~

Hi my my name is Herbertwebb I receive an email today an it said approved how can I find out if I was approve

Hi I’m disabled and living in an old RV. I am looking for something to read to own or down payment assistance for low income people. I have to have two total hip replacement surgery real soon. But I need a decent place to call home so I can recover sooner with no stress. Is there any government grants to help get an old fixer upper or. Anything in the country or near lake limestone area or lake mexia or Whitney,china springs Texas.

Me and my Kids a homeless I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD BOY AND A 1 YEAR OLD GIRL PLEASE HELP US IM FROM19013 Please I NEED EMERGENCY HOUSING ASAP

Me and my three kids just got kicked out of the place we were staying at and we have nowhere to go. Can you please help me with an emergency housing or a voucher? I have one daughter 17 and I have two boys 14 and 15. Can you please help us or send us some information so we can get help thank you Jennifer, Colvinxxxxxxxx

Hello ,My name is Theresa I am a disabled fifty-two year old Disabled women I’ve been living in my car since October Its been hell here it is April and I’m still in my car can someone help me with an emergency housing I am suffering p.t.s.d. anxiety and severe depression my Dr has me on 400 mg antidepressants 100 mg Zoloft and 300 mg of welbutrinXL it helps but still having huge symptoms

hello my name is jamie and i became homeless feb 28 20024 just as i lost my son in a fatel car accident. i was evicted because the secruity of my apartments attacted my service dog. its been a hard road trying to get back on my feet. i have no living family members due to Covid-19. i could really use some help in getting emergency housing or anything at this rate. im looking in salt lake city utah

I’ll be home assesses of the 16th of this month August and I would like to know about emergencies section 8 cuz I need somewhere to go as well I have no income so if someone could point me in that direction

I would like to know the same. I believe there is definitely a mismanagnt of funding when it comes to housing and HUD. They need an overseer to make sure funding is used appropriately and distributed to places where it will be most beneficial at the present time and used for the best purposes possible. If they don’t know what organization would benefit the most, ask some of the people who are suffering from living on the streets with children or use all the suggestions from the ones who are actually living it. I’m sure some of us could come up with beneficial ways to use funds that would be most beneficial to the people who don’t have a place to call home. They definitely need to come up with a bill about how much an individual can charge on a rental property. They should not be able to benefit 90 percent off a person who needs a place to live. It’s understanding there’s maintenance and upkeep that comes in to play and should be factored in. There’s so many homes being built and the people with the money will be living in them and the other half will be living on the street if something isn’t done about outrageous priced rent and mismanagnt of funding for housing.