Hello everyone one , I’m patient care technician, a certified nurse assistant, what program it’s good for me?

I’m just wondering what would be best for me? I’m a certified nurse, I’m going though a divorce, and I need to get out, very abused relationship for many years… Can someone guide me please?

Hi Valerie,

I’m sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. Yes, there are programs that can help with housing assistance for victims of domestic violence. There are programs that can help you get on your feet and stay safe.

We will break down in steps to best assist you. If you reply with the area you are needing help in, we can research specific resources near you and their contact info for you. We are assuming you need help with affordable housing as well. Here is our advice:

Step 1: You may want to consider reaching out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or visiting their website at www.thehotline.org for more information and resources. They can provide you with information on local shelters and other programs that can assist you in finding a safe place to stay. Take care of yourself.

Step 2: Given that you are employed you may have better luck applying for Low Income Tax Credit Properties near you. Many apartment buildings are given subsidies from the government in return they provide low income housing. You can locate these apartment buildings and properties near you by going here and following the simple instructions,

Click here for map and info on Low Income Tax Credit Properties (LIHTC) near you. Contact the property manager and ask if you can apply directly to their property, Apply for more than property if there are multiple properties nearby.

You will also want to call your local Public Housing Authority. You can search for your locally quickly by using our PHA database map here.

You may be able to find help apply for an emergency housing voucher with your local PHA. Read more about how to apply to Emergency Section 8 Vouchers here. Being that you are facing abuse and if you are in need of shelter or immediate help, call 2-1-1. This is United Way this will be for homelessness prevention and for domestic violence. They should be able to help you stay safe in a crisis. In some cases they will come pick you up.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you? Best of luck and God Bless!

AHH Family